On november 18th and 19th, Guatemala Moving Forward organized its first high level forum to promote business and investment opportunities in the country. The event showed potential investors the benefits that Guatemala offers as an export platform to supply important markets in the region.
The ”Invest in Guatemala, nearshoring 2021: rethinking your supply chains” concluded with great results:
- Participation of 24 companies interest in investment opportunities in the country
- 2 days of conferences, meetings, cultural and networking activities
- More than 50 B2B meetings with public and private stakeholders
- Over 20 government institutions assisting potential investors
- 37 foreign CEOs and high level representatives from companies of over 12 countries
The assistants also had the opportunity to hear the investment experiences of two very succesful companies already stablished in Guatemala. The CEO of Telus International, Jeff Puritt, shared how Guatemala has been an strategic partner for the growth of the company during the pandemic of COVID-19. The CEO for Latinamerica of Pepsico, Paula Santilli, shared how Guatemala has become an important hub in the region for the fabrication and distribuition of food and beverages.